CSR - Corporate Social Responsibility
Social Responsibility in itself is a feeling that we belong to the people at large and more so to the people we serve. The satisfaction of giving is supreme when we expect nothing in return. This giving comes from unconditional urge to do something meaningful for the Society. Mafatlal Industries Limited has always held this thought close to its heart. We have strived for improvement in conditions faced by the needy and the poor. We fully believe that such acts of giving back to the Society are at the core of a balanced life.
With inspiration from Param Pujya Ranchhoddasji Maharaj, ‘Shri Sadguru Seva Sangh Trust’ was founded in 1968. The Trust was guided and nurtured by the late Shri Arvind Mafatlal. The Trust is fully supported under the aegis of Arvind Mafatlal Group. The Trust is aimed at providing food to the hungry, clothing support to the downtrodden and the gift of sight to the blind.
Whether it is health care, education, agriculture, dairy or women empowerment ‘Shri Sadguru Seva Sangh Trust’ (SSSST) has contributed towards an overall development of entire areas surrounding the districts of Chitrakoot and Anandpur in Madhya Pradesh. Essential Health services in the field of General Medicine, Gastroenterology, Obstetrics, Gynaecology and Paediatrics have been made available. The Trust has performed a record 14 lakh (1.4 million) eye surgeries under innumerable eye camps through Shri Sadguru Netra Chikitsalaya which is located at Chitrakoot and Anandpur.
The late Shri Arvind Mafatlal was a great philanthropist and was actively associated with BAIF Development Research Foundation and also was at the helm of affairs as its Chairman for many decades. Along with the legendary freedom fighter late Shri Manibhai Desai, he created a huge body of work in people oriented fields of Rural Development. He laid great emphasis on cattle development, animal health laboratories, tribal rehabilitation and most importantly resource development in terms of water and land. The BAIF programs today are spread across 16 States of India impacting the lives of around 4.4 million families.
At Mafatlal Industries Limited, we consider our contribution as a humble tribute to what Society has given us. We have pledged our resources in various sectors and are striving continuously with the sole objective of creating an environment of well-being in all spheres of life.
We wish every life to be empowered and every deed to have a meaningful impact on society.
Project for Toilets Building
- Presentation to Top MIL Management at Nadiad given by Mr. Devendra Bhai of the Environment Sanitation Institute, Gandhinagar (ESI).
- Core MIL Management members Visited ESI, Gandhinagar twice.
- MIL Core Team has shortlisted the 3 nearest villages i.e. Dabhan, Salun Talpad & Salun Vanta (all are at the distance of 5 k.m. from MIL) from where max. of our workmen comes.
- ESI, Gandhinagar conduced survey of the 3 villages suggested by MIL Nadiad and submitted their report.
- Based on ESI survey report, we have Prepared the Plan for the Pilot Project of Toilet Building.
- To appoint CSR Co-ordinator
- Send him for 1 month training at ESI, Gandhinagar.
- First Awareness Drive by ESI at each Village.
- To obtain List of Below Poverty Line (BPL) families from Sarpanch of 3 listed villages.
- Shortlist beneficiaries (individual families ) in consultation of Sarpanch, Talati & Influential Community Leaders from BPL List.
- Finalize beneficiaries (individual families ).
- Signing contract with beneficiaries for pay-back of government subsidy (at Present approximately Rs. 12, 000/ each toilet) whenever they receive from government. The same fund we can use as “PULL FUND” further. ( during our discussion, we came to know that there is no surety of when and how much subsidy the beneficiary will receive from govt.)
- Execution of constructing Toilet units by the construction team formed by MIL. Identify local meson, workers , material suppliers form the same village if any, for employment generation at local level.
- Second Awareness Drive by ESI at each Village.
- Our CSR Co-ordinator to monitor the whole project.
- CSR Co-ordinator gets signed-off the “Project Completion Report” from beneficiaries and Sarpanch of the Village.
- He submits “Project Completion Report” with necessary documents for subsidy to District Rural Development Agency (DRDA).
- The beneficiaries to receive Subsidy directly from Govt.
© 2016, Mafatlal Industries Ltd. All Rights Reserved. Designed by pixelsincorp